Monday 5 April 2010

39 weeks and 1 day ... and counting

Well nothing happening yet. Lots of twinges, a couple of false alarms but no baby yet. I know I am not even at my due date but as my other four all came early (well one on his due date - others: 38+4, 39+1 and 39+3) I am expecting this one to be the same. Apparently shorter women tend to have shorter pregnancies and taller women, longer ones - baby triggers labour and it is thought that one of the prompts for it is the lack of room.

I did have the pool up and filled and then took it all down again. Today I have blown it up again in case anything happens tonight because the electric pump is very noisy and I have been feeling niggly - though pattern or contractions - painful or otherwise.

I am not inclined to do anything to start things off as my body (and my baby) knows best when baby should come. Just resting and early nights and lots of baths. Watch this space!

No comments: